19 July 2008

Meat-Dealer Blues



I think this picture says so much about some people's mentalities toward resources.

(HT: Northwestern's wonderful library of WWII posters)

I like the meat-cutter's face in the top picture, as well. He's saying "Sorry, Mrs. Wilson, but all I got left is the bottom part of a necktie for you. Mrs. Wears-Pearls-While-Shopping, the wealthy heiress, plum took everything I have."

This is also related to the "moral equivalent of war" we always hear from the Left with various social ills. No matter what the average lefty might think about war, they all love the domestic fruits of war: massive increases in federal bureaucracy, greater concentrated power, and growth in industry regulation.

I mean, can't you see it? Change the title to "Carbon offsets mean a cleaner world for all of us!" or "Minimum wages mean a fair pay for all of us!"

No comments: