10 December 2008

Make My Dreams Come True...

From an older post at Yeah Right, I found this Daily Beast column:
Why Barack Should Grow A Beard
by James Malanowski


Abe Lincoln used his transition to grow his famous whiskers. Just what Obama needs to project gravitas in these troubled times. . .

The Beast includes some photoshopped options, but their almost all terrible. (Vincent Van Obama? If that's the best y'all got down there, Tina Brown, gimme a holla. I work on the cheap.)

Here's my two submissions:

Barack could go with the Bettis-scape:

The Bus-in-Chief

Or, my personal favorite, the Cornel West look:

I'm hip-but-crazy, and I STILL can't believe I'm a professor at Princeton!!

As a believer of the Edwardian-sex-appeal of facial hair (for men, that is) I love the prospect of the "coolest" man in America brangin' back the 'stache/beard.

President Obama, you have an enormous mandate for change. The world is with you. There's so much you can do. You have been given Excalibur.

Wield it for good, Mr. President, wield it for good.

Bring back the beard.

No comments: