22 December 2008

Green Dream Teams vs. New England Eye-Needles

I know that Al Goreans get really irritated by this kind of anecdotal logic*, but I have to say that this:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President-elect Barack Obama's new "green dream team" is committed to battling climate change and ready to push for big policy reforms, in stark contrast with the Bush administration, environmental advocates said on Monday.

"If this team can't advance strong national policy on global warming, then no one can," said Kevin Knobloch, president of the Union of Concerned Scientists, referring to Obama's picks for the top energy and environment jobs in his administration, which takes office on January 20.
is just asinine.

Take it from me: I was at Mile High Stadium (Invesco edition) yesterday, freezing my “dream team” off in wind chill temperatures of well below zero. Furthermore, the state of Colorado has been breaking its “record low” temperatures so often we’ve changed the weather report to “How Much Frostbite You Should Expect On Your Outdoor Pets”.

The world ain't warming because of human activity, folks. It hasn't even warmed at all since 1998.

Peep this article, to see my point proven quite nicely:
"It's so cold, it feels like needles are pricking my eyes," grumbled 19-year-old Ashley Sarpong of Chicago, a fur-lined hood pulled around her face Sunday. "This is the coldest I've felt all year."
(Needles Are Pricking My Eyes is an emo-band title just waiting to be picked up, btw.)

Most of this grouchiness could probably be placed on my $*(!@#% Broncos choking themselves out of the playoffs but still: grumble, grumble.

_______
*Of course, never let it be said that the environmental Left never capitalizes on environmental events. Relatedly, I think this footnote is a good place to say that, even though I might not like Bush, I’m quite glad that JohnKerryWhoServedInVietnam never controlled the White House. Yeesh, what a doofus.

No comments: