19 February 2009

Two Column Fists In the Freedom Fight

Yeesh, I don’t like that post title.

My rhetorical-fight analogies are waning. Pretty soon I’ll begin naming newspaper columns and blog posts after boxers (like I’ve named my own fists*):

- George Will has a bangin’ column highlighting the efforts of some newspapers looking for a bailout. A Philadelphia publisher insists that, even if it means that the State would own the “free press”, the bailout is needed for the truck drivers and printing press operators. Gawd. /dinosaurindustry

- Paul Ingrassia, former Detroit bureau chief for the Wall Street Journal, crushes the auto executives, bashes the unions, and ridicules Social Security, all in the span of 1250 words. I think I’m in love.

-----

*For those who would care to know, my left hand is named Les Darcy and my right is John Mugabi.

No comments: