17 November 2008

The First Step Comes First (Duh!)

In the 12 Steps Program, before an addict can ask "the Power greater than himself" to help restore him, the man must first recognize he his powerless to his addictions. Before the Power Known As The U.S. Government steps in to help Detroit, I want to see those leaders address this addiction, and admit that it's untenable, now both in the short and long term:

(H/T: Professor Perry, who's doing yeoman's work keeping track of all the b.s. surrounding the automotive industry.)

I know that I have whatever's-way-smaller-than-zero say in this whole debacle (even though it is a certainty that my generation will have to pay for it), but I say that if Pres. Obama is has already decided to subsidize Detroit, at least make Gettelfinger and Waggoner come crawling on broken glass to get their alms.

No comments: