10 November 2008

The Highest Form of Patriotism!

As a civil libertarian type, I don't care if it's a Lyndon LaRouche supporter getting his face beat in by a cop or an anti-WTO whinger being arrested for "disorderly conduct", I think it's wrong. As long as physical coercion is avoided, the right to promote or petition one's beliefs is one of the most fundamental rights that defines the United States. I know that many in the ACLU agree, so I'm sure that my left-leaning friends who spent the past few years complaining about the Police State of Dubya and the Patriot Act are going to agree with me that this video is chilling:



Mob Passions + Weak-willed social servants = Philadelphia

The PPD announced later that the man was arrested for disorderly conduct and public drunkenness. Look for yourselves, but that man seems nothing like the drunks I know. His speech isn't even slurred. I hope he sues the city and puts it even more in debt. Maybe they'll finally trim their obviously bloated law enforcement.

H/T: Ace of Spades

P.S. Imagine, if you will, it were the other way around, and a Black man wearing an Obama shirt was arrested by Salt Lake City police in front of a raging McCain-Palin mob. Think that wouldn't make the news?

No comments: