12 November 2008

Meet the New Boss, Part 1

I know that I'm going to be excited when President-elect Obama will get rid of those sleazy Washington lobbyists. You know, the ones that plagued the McCain campaign leadership? The insidious fat-cats that made sure Big Oil and the like received tax breaks? President Obama won't tolera--

"Obama softens bans on lobbyists."

-- WASHINGTON - President-elect Barack Obama, who vowed during his campaign that lobbyists "won't find a job in my White House," said through a spokesman yesterday that he would allow lobbyists on his transition team as long as they work on issues unrelated to their earlier jobs.

Awww, man!



Remember,


Back to work, citizens, nothing to see here.*

*Please note that I don't really have a problem with lobbyists, as I think they are exercising what our First Amendment likes to call the "right to petition". Just pointin' out some good old-fashioned Beltway-hypocrisy.

No comments: